PBE Member Websites (sorted by last name):
Bethany Byrd's Company, Own Your Hill: Own Your Hill is team of independent writers, storytellers and inbound marketing consultants located in Laurel & Hattiesburg MS. They write digital content for small business owners, non profits and corporations that attracts, engages and converts your website visitors into your best clients and customers. Founded by PBE Member, Bethany Byrd. Writers include PBE members, Kayla Gates and Matt Hamil.
- Chris Spence's Company, Diligentia LLC: Diligentia LLC is a private investment firm
with a true Go-Anywhere investment strategy. The firm specializes in normalizing investment returns for its clients. By removing the peaks and troughs of regular market volatility, Diligentia is able to provide its corporate and individual clients with a predictable return that is still consistently higher than many other fixed income alternatives.
- StartupStash: A curated directory of resources & tools to help you build your Startup.
- Startup Podcast by Gimlet Media: Arguably one of the most honest and transparent podcasts about the highs and lows of starting you own business. HIGHLY recommended for anyone who has either started a business in the past or plans to do so in the future.
Seth Godin’s Startup School: Seth Godin is a thought leader in the marketing and business world. In this rare live recording, hear Seth as he guides thirty entrepreneurs through a workshop exploring how they can build and run their dream business.
Entrepreneur on Fire: Entrepreneur On Fire is a podcast created for you, the Serial Entrepreneur, Side-Preneur, or Small Business Owner. Each episode brings you a successful Entrepreneur who shares their journey: Their failures, AH-HA moments, successes, and much more.
Big Value Big Business: Interviewing the Best Marketing Minds about Providing Big Value with Our: Brand Message – Marketing Message – Delivery – Follow Up.
- Start With Why (Simon Sinek): Why are some people and organizations more innovative, more influential, and more profitable than others? Why do some command greater loyalty? In studying the leaders who've had the greatest influence in the world, Simon Sinek discovered that they all think, act, and communicate in the exact same way-and it's the complete opposite of what everyone else does. People like Martin Luther King Jr., Steve Jobs, and the Wright Brothers might have little in common, but they all started with why. Drawing on a wide range of real-life stories, Sinek weaves together a clear vision of what it truly takes to lead and inspire.
Rework (Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson): Rework shows you a better, faster, easier way to succeed in business. Read it and you'll know why plans are actually harmful, why you don't need outside investors, and why you're better off ignoring the competition. The truth is, you need less than you think. You don't need to be a workaholic. You don't need to staff up. You don't need to waste time on paperwork or meetings. You don't even need an office. Those are all just excuses. What you really need to do is stop talking and start working. This book shows you the way. You'll learn how to be more productive, how to get exposure without breaking the bank, and tons more counter-intuitive ideas that will inspire and provoke you.
The Art of Work (Jeff Goins): The path to your life’s work is difficult and risky, even scary, which is why few finish the journey. This is a book about discovering your life’s work, that treasure of immeasurable worth we all long for. It’s about the task you were born to do. Through personal experience, compelling case studies, and current research on the mysteries of motivation and talent, Jeff shows readers how to find their vocation and what to expect along the way.
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook (Gary Vaynerchuk): New York Times bestselling author and social media expert Gary Vaynerchuk shares hard-won advice on how to connect with customers and beat the competition. A mash-up of the best elements of Crush It! and The Thank You Economy with a fresh spin, Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook is a blueprint to social media marketing strategies that really works.
- Tribes (Seth Godin): Tribes will make you think (really think) about the opportunities in leading your fellow employees, customers, investors, believers, hobbyists, or readers. . . . It's not easy, but it's easier than you think.
- Purple Cow (Seth Godin): In Purple Cow, Seth Godin urges you to put a Purple Cow into everything you build, and everything you do, to create something truly noticeable. It's a manifesto for marketers who want to help create products that are worth marketing in the first place.
- Permission Marketing (Seth Godin): The man Business Week calls "the ultimate entrepreneur for the Information Age" explains "Permission Marketing"—the groundbreaking concept that enables marketers to shape their message so that consumers will willingly accept it.
- Own Your Hill Blog: Want to grow your business with online marketing that works, even in Mississippi? Read the Own Your Hill blog for insight into proven online marketing techniques for local small businesses, startups and nonprofits.
- Local Vox Blog: LocalVox is a simple, effective and affordable online marketing platform that helps local businesses market themselves online — websites, social media, directories, search, and email — all with the touch of one button.
- Moz Local Learning Center: A guide to local SCO and online marketing from one of the leading authorities on search engine optimization.
- Entrepreneur - Local Marketing: Stories and insights into local marketing case studies and best practices.
- Hubspot: Marketing Blog - http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing & Sales Blog - http://blog.hubspot.com/sales Hubspot is the recognized authority on all things inbound marketing.
- Copyblogger: Since January 2006, Copyblogger has been teaching people how to create killer online content. Not bland corporate crap created to fill up a company webpage. Valuable information that attracts attention, drives traffic, and builds your business.
Social Triggers: Derek Halpern of Social Triggers uses the perfect blend of data driven marketing (conversion rates, academic research, and personal case studies) and content marketing to get traffic, attract customers, and sell products online.
Videofruit: Discover formulas to grow your business online. They breakdown and reverse engineer what the top marketers are doing online and show you exactly how to implement those strategies into your business.
Search Engine Optimization:
Backlinko: Brian Dean shows your practical techniques you can use to master the art of link building, user experience and content promotion.
Quicksprout: Neil Patel, the co-founder of Crazy Egg, Hello Bar and Kissmetrics provides insight on how to grow your business online through SEO, Content Marketing, Consumer Psychology, and more.
Moz: The industry's top wizards, doctors, and other experts offer their best advice, research, how-tos, and insights—all in the name of helping you level-up your SEO and online marketing skills.
Unbounce: Unbounce is the leading authority on landing page design, best practices and the finer elements of conversion optimization.
Kissmetrics: Kissmetrics studies the finer elements of conversion optimization and online marketing.
Widerfunnel: A great resource for conversion optimization case studies and techniques.